Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ply Magazine Winter Issue woolen spinning

 The Critter Ranch Fibers are being featured 
 By Ply Magazine the winter issue out in just a few more days!!
  
I was asked by Jacey Boggs last fall if We could provide the fibers for the 2013 winter woolen addition of her new magazine Ply!
 Of course I jumped at the chance, to have our fibers featured in a international magazine. 
I sent her a blend of our finest llama, alpaca with some shetland from our good friend Willow Glen Farms 
with some bling from fire-star and sheen from bamboo
 the roving was a snow white base, with splashes of arctic blues & aquas ...Named winter Wonderland 


  I was then asked if I new of a long draw spinner who would /could spin up this fiber for there Knitter.
 I of course gave her the name of my good friend Amanda from Willow Glen Farm, who was then asked to do the spinning for this. 
Amanda also wrote a piece on long draw spinning for this same issue. Can't wait to see this winter issue, if you would like to subscribe to Ply magazine you can do so here www.plymagazine.com
      
here is the knitted sampler of the fiber   
 

 Amanda did an awesome job spinning this up I can't wait to see what item they chose to knit
 with it 

No comments:

Post a Comment